Service Line Coverage provides payment for physical damage to covered service lines that is the result of service line failure. “Covered Service Lines” are underground wiring or piping on your property that you are liable to repair or replace should damage occur.
What is a Service Line?
• Water pipes connecting the dwelling or other structures to a public water supply system; private well system; cistern or retention pond; or heating system located outside the dwelling.
• Sewer pipes connecting the dwelling or other structures to a public sewer system or private septic system.
• Power lines and/or electrical wiring.
• Drain pipes that drain water away from the dwelling or other structure.
• Ground-loop pipes that connect to a heat pump.
• Communication or data-transmission wiring.
What would be considered “Service Line Failure?”
Physical damage (break, leak, tear, collapse, rupture, arcing) of a covered service line, that occurs as a result of external events or environmental conditions (such as tree root invasion, deterioration, freezing).